Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kaitlyn's Girly Room

It has taken me way longer than necessary to get Kaitlyn's  room on here. Hers was actually the first room completed too! We had carpet laid on Thursday April 14th and she slept in her room with all her furniture for the first time that night. The boys moved in the night after that.

So anyway, here is a before picture of her room when the boys were in it. You can see the amazing, ahem, awful, wall paper that was up on the bottom half of the walls.


 A Good close up of the wallpaper. Yes... it has pheasants on it. Isn't is lovely?


And the dreaded valance. It was screwed into the ceiling so it's not easy to take it down.


And here is the wallpaper stripping process. My awesome Mom came and did most of it for me. She was such an amazing help with this room. Other than a couple things here and there that Scott had to do... this room was all done by me.... all the work from start to finish. He was pretty busy with the basement.


And here is the finished paint and decorating job. I LOVED how it turned out and I had so much fun doing a  girl's room. It was a blast!


Now here in the complete finished room. This was after the new carpet was in and we finally moved her furniture in. It was so nice to get her things out of our room and get her moved into her own space. And the room was such a dramatic change. The pictures don't do it justice.



Her crib and new crib bedding.


I had fun ordering things off of Ebay to decorate her room with. This is on the outside of her door. Those flowers are all over the walls in dark pink and brown. You can't tell very well in the pictures.


This is over her closet. In case you can't read it well it says "Giggles, Ribbons, Bows and Curls....Oh Thank Heaven for little Girls.'


This is over her doorway.


This is over her window.



This is one of the things Scott did for me. He hung this shelf for me to put the letters of her name on.


One of the reasons that things were so hard for me the last couple months was because our basement was being done, we were busier than ever, and I also stripped down and re-stained Trevor and Jordan's old dresser for Kaitlyn and her changing table. This is a before picture of her changing table.



This is the after. I stained it dark to match the crib and dresser. It was alot of work and my mom once again stepped in and helped me, and it was so worth it. I love how it turned out.


This is also the after of the dresser. It was actually already dark... even darker that this. But the boys has trashed it so I had to do a bit of repairs on it and then stained it so you can see the wood grain through it. I also took the drawer handles off and put these pink knobs back on this and the changing table.


So there you have it... the pretty pink room. At least that is what Scott and the boys are now referring to it as. I am so happy to have all 4 of my kids in rooms again and my life back under control. It was fun, but I am glad it's done.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I love it! Pink and brown look great together. The quotes are great! I need to get quotes up in my house. So glad everyone's in their own room now!

Tanya said...

Her room is adorable!! Great job and I am gld your house is put back together!!

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scilley Family said...

So So cute!!! Good job on the room. It looks GREAT ;)