Sunday, February 21, 2010

An overdue Family Update

I was looking back on my blog and realized I hadn't really done a family update. So settle in..... this is how we are doing....

Scott...
He is working hard and enjoying his job. He started his new position in the Warranty Project with AT&T. He is loving the new hours and the new challenges being one of the first people on this new project entails. He is home at night and weekends now and it has made a TREMENDOUS impact on our family. He is still the Cub Scout Master for our ward and keeps busy with that. With his new hours for work Trevor and Jordan are going to be able to start playing Soccer this spring.

Melissa.....
I don't know where to begin! I am as busy as ever, keeping up with three boys. I have been juggling Josh's therapy, Dr. appts, and feeding/med routine. I always think that life will settle down, but it doesn't! I am also the assistant Webelos Leader for our ward so I have weekly activities for scouts. It has been an eye opener for me and I am amazed at how much work it takes. All in all.... I am very happy and busy and enjoying life.

Trevor....
Is doing pretty good considering the challenges we are going through with him. Academically he is doing great. Behaviorally.... he is very challenging. For the last couple years (up until second grade started) he has been doing so well from an autism standpoint...that sometimes we would forget all about the autism. It was like a kid who had a couple autistic tendencies and that was it. Now... well he is doing very classic autism things and it has been hard to watch. I have done as much as I can to help him and to work through it, but it hasn't helped. So in march he will start therapy through Weber Human Services. He will do one on one therapy with a therapist (Joel) and then will also begin a weekly group therapy. I have also spent alot of time researching more things we can do at home and have ordered some things from 'Therapro' to help out here at home (such as schedule boards, responsibility charts, ect.) that are specific for kids with autism. I hope it helps! I also hope that getting him involved with soccer (with scott being involved) we can maybe get him to a better place. I'll keep you posted.

Jordan.....
What to say about Jordan? He is the fun loving, smarty pants boy he has always been. He has most of the Kindergarten girls loving him and is quite the ladies man. We could be in trouble with this one! He is doing great in school, learning to read, and writing very well. I am so proud of how well he does with little help from me. It is truly amazing to me to have a child who can just learn things on his own and do so well. Having two kids with special needs kinda gets you in the mode of alot of support, and it's very odd to have a child who is typical and does things on his own. I love how hard he works and how well he does in school. We have NO problems whatsoever with him and it is a nice relief for Scott and I.

Josh.....
Is healing well!!!! It has been 10 days since his surgery and for the most part he is back to normal! It has been a true miracle to have him do so well. I think it is all the prayers everyone offered on his behalf. I am truly humbled by the support he receives on a regular basis. He is such a special spirit and he continues to be an example to me. He overcomes so much and is still such a happy and positive child. (now I am going to get all teary eyed!!) He is still my 'baby' and I love all the hugs and kisses he gives now. He is finally into that stage and it's so fun for us! He is doing good and we enjoy every milestone we get with him... no matter how big or small.

I have some news coming up on Josh as well, but I will wait until after wednesday to post. Josh has a big day down at Primary Children's with follow up appointments. I feel we are very close to a breakthrough on a final diagnosis for Josh and I should be able to share that after his day down there. I'll post when it's done.

Thank you again for the love and support and comments you send me. I really need it some days! I am so grateful for the support system I have with family. And I have some amazing friends that I feel should be family as well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Thanks for the updates! :) Its awlays good to get concise info on everyone. :) Good luck in all the new things! I'm interested to see what you have to say in your post later this week. Orr.....just chatting with you. LOL!

Desiree said...

Can't wait for the Josh update!! Thanks for the update on everyone. You are still my nominee for mother of the year.

Annie said...

Glad to hear Josh is recovering well. It was fun to get an update on everyone!

Chantel and Brian said...

Sadly enough, I talk to you almost every day, and you live 20 minutes away, and I still learn things when you do these updates!

Jessica said...

Im glad Josh is doing better. He is such a special boy. It makes me sad when he is not doing/feeling good.

I have to agree with Desiree, you are my nominee as well. I hope you have an okay apt at the fun clinic.