Saturday, June 27, 2009

Changes in our house

I have been putting this post off...since we are still in the process of getting things in our life figured out.

We found out on monday, June 22nd that Scott lost his job. Since he is the sole income in our family, you can imagine it was a stressful time. Since then we have been quite busy trying to figure out what we are going to do, how we will make this work and Scott has turned in over 40 job applications.

We have gotten the ball rolling on unemployment to help us through this stage. We also are working hard to get Medicaid in place so Josh won't suffer. Our insurance covered us until the 30th of June, and after that we are on our own. As you probably can guess..... Josh's medical expenses probably are around 2,000$ a month. So we NEED coverage! LOL! I have been reassured that Medicaid will kick in asap and we will be OK. That has been the biggest stress of all.

But through this I have had the chance to sit down and remember what is truly important in life. We will be OK, and life will go on. It might not be the way we thought it would go, but we will be OK. And since Scott was looking for the last year for a new job anyway, it probably is a blessing in disguise. I can see us looking back a year from now and realizing it was for the better.

So until then.... we are having lot's of family time and surviving the summer. If you hear of anyone hiring or know of any job openings, please pass them along. Thanks!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about Scott. I know how it is, the uncertainty and scramble to find a job and insurance. We are both still in the process of finding a good job, hopefully there will be good news on the horizon. We have done this for 9 months now!
I know you guys will make it. Enjoy the time you have together, and do your best to still have fun and smile!

Tanya said...

I agree, I think it will end up for the best. And that will be good.
If I hear of anything I will pass it on. Best of luck to you guys!!!

Amy said...

Well I hope everything goes smoothly so you guys don't have to figure more things out. I am sorry to here about Scott's job loss but I hope that he can find something that he can enjoy a little more than the last one. Good luck!

maidmarian4 said...

You have chosen a great outlook and attitude. I wish you the best w/ employment. It is super Scott has turned in so many applications! I'm impressed. Our prayers are w/ your family!

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear that stress is entering into your life (once again) full throttle :(

You amaze me at your ability to see the bright side of things...What a special gift!

I don't know of any jobs... but I know something will happen for you guys! I will keep you in my prayers.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have had to experience that kind of stress! I am glad you are looking to the future and hopefully he will find something soon. In the mean time enjoy all of that time you get to spend with him. I am sure the kids will LOVE it. You have such a good perspective on this! let me know if there is anything I can do. You will be in our prayers!

nixon5 said...

Good luck with everything.

Marshall Nair said...

I am so so sorry about all of this. I cannot even imagine how stressful this all is. We will keep you in our prayers.

Shanda said...

Melissa you always have the best attitude. You truely are a great example! I know everythign will work out for you! Its funny how you look back and think WOW im actually glad that happened. Your family will be in a better place becuase of this. GOod luck with everythign! Oh and if you really are just going to be getting rid of those clothes I will take them to her. Anything will help and I dont think she will be back on her feet for some time, so clothes over 12 months will be needed eventually! Let me know! I can come pick them up from you.. Not sure where you live though:)

Wendi said...

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I know it is a stressful time. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck with finding something soon!