Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It finally started!!

School started today!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! (no I am not THAT excited.)


Here are Trevor and Jordan on their first day of 1st and 3rd grade. Can you believe they are that old? Time sure does fly.

As I have already said before the kids are attending Good Foundations Academy, a charter school, this year. It's a brand new school and we are so excited to be able to have this chance. Since it is a new school, they did some special stuff this morning. They had Hill Air Force Base come do the Flag Ceremony, did a Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony with the Mayer of Riverdale and had police there. It was pretty cool.

This is how crowded it has been. Absolutely nuts!






This is the guy who was the driving force behind getting this school going. He gave a little talk this morning and I learned even more about how this school came about. Pretty interesting.



And of course... cutting the ribbon. While we were waiting for this to all start this morning, Trevor and Jordan could not get over how big the scissors were that they used. It was pretty funny.



And finally, as a little sidenote, I had to post a picture of Trevor's fish he caught at the Fish Farm with cub scouts on monday. He was so proud of his fish and even took this picture with my camera and took it to my mom's house to show it off. Made me giggle a little. So funny.


I will do a post tomorrow about Josh's first day of school. Can you believe my baby is going to preschool tomorrow? I can't!!!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow! That's really cool that so much is going on at your new school. I hope its awesome for your boys!! :)

Chantel and Brian said...

Yay for school starting! Man, I remember how much I always loved school, especially the first day! I miss not having school now, which might sound pathetic. I hope your kids adjust into the routine and new school quickly. That is cool that they did a ceromony of sorts!
Good luck to Josh!