Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bring on the New Year!

I am so glad to be starting a new year. This past year for me has been full of ups and downs, and it seemed at times that the downs were alot more than the ups. I have learned alot this past year and hope that the things I experienced will make me a better wife and mother.

Some of the things I have learned this past year:

~I am a lot stronger than I thought. I have had to deal with things I never thought possible and I am still here.
~My kids make me laugh... alot.
~I truly could not make it in this world without my family. They have been an absolute blessing to me, more this past year than I can ever remember. I truly have the best parents, sisters, in-laws ect.
~I have some wonderful friends that have been willing to listen to me, or help me at the drop of a hat. It's overwhelming how much support I have gotten from people that aren't in my family.
~I have come to terms with the fact that Josh will always have struggles that other people don't have, and I am willing to do what it takes for him to learn as much as he can to lead as normal of a life as possible.
~I have also come to terms with the fact that while other moms run around to soccer, dance, tumbling ect. my life (for the next year at least), will revolve around Dr. appts, therapy and clinics.
~I have learned how invaluable Therapist are. Josh truly has the best therapists. Believe me, we have done Early Intervention before and this time around it's sooo much better.
~I have learned that God always has a plan for me, and as long as I keep the faith, everything will be OK in the end.

So Goodbye 2008, you were not very good to me... but bring in on 2009! I am ready for you!!!!!

Thank you for everyone who has been such an inspiration to me and my family. We love you all!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I hope your 2009 is wonderful. Glad Tanya hooked us up!

Tanya said...

Love you too!!!

Allie said...

Here is to a great 2009. I just love you Melissa!

Heidi said...

I hope you and your family all the best in 2009. It seems like sometime things can only get better.