Monday, October 26, 2009

It's that time of year again

for this...................................


Trevor caught a cold this weekend, a very minor one actually. His asthma on the other hand.... got out of control. I kept him home today to take him to the doctor. And so begins the nightly and possibly morning breathing treatments. We are going to start with singulair again and if that doesn't keep it under control we will add a second nebulizer med. It's the most wonderful time of the year! We are officially going to look like a pharmacy with our line-up of meds for the kids. Nice, huh?

Also, Trevor's doctor warned us that asthma and the flu don't mix well. It can be one of the underlying conditions to land him in the hospital if he gets it. So now we have even more reasons to keep the kids out of the crowds. I guess we'll see everyone next spring. LOL!

4 comments:

Chantel and Brian said...

That poor kid. At least he's old enough to understand just a little better, and has done it enough that he shouldn't fight you to bad, right? I'm not going out much this winter either. not getting sick myself, then can't get baby sick. so i understand the house arrest ( :

Deb said...

Breathing treatments are never fun, but hopefully he's better now that he's older. I think a lot of people are going to be staying in this winter. Nobody wants to get sick, but you definitely have even more reasons.

Emily said...

The asthma and flu are NOT mixing well at all. I have seen some very sick kids in the last few weeks. I think its a good idea to stay in hiding for the winter. I wish I could do that too. Good luck and try to stay healthy :)

Tanya said...

yeah, and good luck with the rest of it!!!!