Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The never ending surprises

I think our house is full of never-ending surprises. Most of them lately have not been exactly fun surprises though.

Josh has been full of unpredictability lately. He has had days where he eats nothing at all, and then he had two days in the last two weeks where he ate so much, we only did one feeding in the morning. I wish I could figure out what was behind it and jump on that wagon. But so far, I am not sure what triggered his healthy appetite, but Scott suggested it may be a growth spurt. Who knows!

And the little bugger pulled out his G-tube again tonight. At least he told us he had done it. Although he told Scott by pointing to his tummy and saying ow, and he ignored him. I got home about 5 min later and he did the same thing. I always look at his stomach, always, when he complains it hurts because things can go bad really fast. Sure enough... it was gone. Scott kinda freaked out, but I have to say for once I was really calm finally about it, and it didn't scare me like it has in the past. I am not sure if that is a good milestone or bad one for me to hit. LOL! But we grabbed his Emergency Kit, got a smaller catheter in first, then got his button back in. He whimpered a little, but didn't cry. So all is well. I just wish he would leave the thing alone!

Now for an update on baby news. Kaitlyn is still doing well. I have been doing Non-Stress Tests (NST) twice a week now to monitor her specifically. I always get hung up at the clinic because of contractions, but so far things are OK.

I did have another hospital visit this last saturday night. I caught my kids' cold last friday and started coughing really bad that night. By saturday morning all I did was cough...almost constantly. Then I coughed so hard I started to throw up. It just went downhill from there. Finally around 7pm after not keeping anything down for hours and throwing up my meds to keep my contractions under control, I realized I was going to have to go to the hospital. It was not a bad visit, only about 3 1/2 hours. I had IV fluids since I was really dehydrated, some injections for the contractions, some Zofran to settle my stomach, and some good cough meds with codeine to stop the cough. Once I was hydrated again, I felt alot better and the meds all helped as well. But even though that is under control, my cold has gotten worse. I just hope I can start on the upswing in the couple days. This cold is kicking my butt! I only need to make it 2 more weeks to the 'safe' point and it seems like I am barely eeking along. Sigh... what else is new?

So, that is how we are surviving. I am getting excited for Kaitlyn's arrival and I am finally completely ready. I am ready to be done with the pregnancy as well. Although I am getting more nervous about the C-section/tubal I am having and the recovery part. But I know it will all be OK.

I will keep everyone updated on how things are going. Thanks for all the help and prayers!


Chantel and Brian said...

I still feel bad you had such a terrible weekend! I hope you can conquer this cold soon! No fun! When you say only 2 weeks till the Safe time, it makes it clear how close you really are getting! Wow, Kaitlyn will be here quicker than you know it. Hopefully later rather than sooner though...

Tanya said...

I am so glad you are ready for the baby to come. GOOOOD luck (and prayers) with the last two weeks! :)
I'm also glad you weren't freaking out with Josh. Someday I too will not freak out. Its a good goal...: )

Jessica said...

wow, you have had a crazyness! I am glad you are ready for the baby! It is so exciting!!!

Deb and Spence said...

I'm so glad you're still ok from the hospital visit! There seriously needs to be a cure for colds. You're getting so close! Just make it two more weeks!