Friday, September 26, 2008

I just had to share this laugh......

OK, I could not resist sharing this story with you. Scott may not agree with how funny it was... but trust me.... it is FUNNY!!

I had a really bad night last night. Either Jordan or Josh was awake from midnight to 6am. So I don't think I need to explain how tired I was when the alarm went off at 7 to get Trevor up and on the bus. Jordan was asleep in the recliner in our living room and even with the lights on, Rosco barking, ect.. didn't even stir. So after Trevor left at 725... I thought I might as well go back to bed for 45 minutes or so.

Now, on Friday mornings Scott works at 10 now, so we have an agreement that he will take Jordan to preschool on his way to work. It works beautifully. I had a LOT of errands/shopping to do while Jordan was at school today so I needed to leave at 9am as well. But I was so tired I thought I would just sleep for 45 minutes and rush out the door. Scott woke me up at 820 and told me that Jordan was crying and falling back asleep and wasn't cooperating. He had no idea Jordan was up for four hours last night. So I told him I would help him in a second. I fell back asleep accidentally (wonder why??) and next thing I know it is 915 and I can hear Josh talking in the baby moniter. So I assume since Scott never said anything else to me he had given up on Jordan. I went to check on him and notice his jammies on the floor and an empty house. So I am thinking... Wow! Scott got him to school....and now I have to hurry to get my errand done before 11:30 when school ends. So I rush around, get out the door, do some of my errands and then arrive right on time to pick up Jordan. He is playing outside when I get there. As I am walking up I notice something doesn't look right about what he is wearing. But he ran behind a slide so I didn't have a good look yet. I talk to his teacher for a second and started thinking... ummm that wasn't what we got him out for school last night. (we have an organizer he puts his clothes into the night before). So he finally runs up to me and I get a good look at his attire. I start laughing really hard. He is wearing JOSH'S jeans!!!!! Josh wore jeans yesterday and they had been on the floor last night because I remember thinking I needed to pick them up last night. Can you believe it???!!!!! They are 12-18 mos size! The sad thing was that they fit enough to stay up! So I called Scott laughing really hard and asked him if had any idea what Jordan was wearing. He said he thought they looked funny, but they seemed to fit so he didn't worry.

So I am attaching a picture I took of Jordan when we got home before he changed so I could let everyone else get a good laugh too!!


7 comments:

Heidi said...

That is super funny. My family has a very similar story. Right after I had Carson, Corey would get up and get Carter ready for day care. Corey would carry him to the car and his mom would take and drop Carter off. One day I went with my mother-in-law to pick up Carter and he was wearing Carson's sweatpants and a pajama shirt. Carter was 2 and Carson's pants were size 3-6 months. I had put them aside because they were way to big for Carson and would be for a long time. Some how Corey found them and put them on Carter.

Amy said...

I about died laughing at that one!! It reminds us that not everyone is perfect 100% of the time at getting the kids ready. Especially if your tired. I can't believe that Scott thought that the pants looked ok. They aren't even close to fitting. Oh well it made for a funny picture and story. Great times Scott!

Anonymous said...

In my defense, i was running late, and the pants fit him around the waste, so I thought they were just long shorts! Don't judge me, because I will win father of the year this year.

-Scott

Tanya said...

haha! Love it!
Also have to say, love Scotts comment! Hee hee!
Then there's Burt...he had to get Sienna ready yestreday since I was gone with Hunter and I was sooo impressed! But I'll share my story another day so I don't make Scott feel bad! :D

nixon5 said...

Scott I love ya but yeah its funny.
LOL you still get father of the year though. These are the moments that make life great.
And we have all had them.

Hey, its a test said...

they just look like capris. Too bad boys dont wear them...what are you doing to your sons scott?? LOL

Chantel and Brian said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!!! That is hilarious! It's like there capri's. Wow, i can't believe jordan didn't say anything himself.